Following on from our recent Data Protection meetup event in Dublin on March 20th, we have extracted into audio format the following key talking points from the first of the two panel discussion sessions.
- What is GDPR and why does it matter? • Fred Logue & Emerald De Leeuw
- The relationship of GDPR with Ethics & What is personal Data • Daragh O’Brien
- What do we look for if we think someone’s data is being erroneously treated? • Simon McGarr & Emerald De Leeuw
- Positioning GDPR in relation to other laws • Fred Logue & Simon McGarr
- Old approach versus new approach to DP issues • Daragh O’Brien & Simon McGarr
- The essence and scope of data protection • Daragh O’Brien & Simon McGarr
- It’s not public and private data, it’s person and non-personal data • Emerald De Leeuw, Fred Logue & Simon McGarr
- Is my position as a processor changed under GDPR? • Daragh O’Brien & Simon McGarr
- Cross-border transfers & data processor agreements • Daragh O’Brien, Simon McGarr, Emerald De Leeuw
- Right to be forgotten versus right to be deleted • Daragh O’Brien, Simon McGarr, Emerald De Leeuw
- Must you be a lawyer to practice in data protection? • Daragh O’Brien, Simon McGarr, Emerald De Leeuw
Use the chapter options to quickly move between sections by clicking on the small circles displaying within the player bar.